This is breakout board for Honeywell's newest 3 Axis Digital Compass HMC5883L IC.
Power line and ground planes on this breakout board are not under
the sensor to minimize possible source of magnetic noise.
• 12-Bit ADC Coupled with Low Noise AMR Sensors Achieves 2 milli-gauss filed.
• Resolution in ±8 Gauss Fields.
• Enables 1° to 2° Degree Compass Heading Accuracy.
• Built-In Self Test.
• Low Voltage Operations (2.16 to 3.6V) and Low Power Consumption. (100 μA)
• Set/Reset and Offset Strap Drivers for Degaussing, Self Test, and Offset Compensation.
• I2C Digital Interface.
• Wide Magnetic Field Range. (+/-8 Oe)
• Sensors Can Be Used in Strong Magnetic Field Environments with a 1° to 2° Degree
Compass Heading Accuracy.
• Fast 160 Hz Maximum Output Rate.